The new homeowners, Jose, little Eric and Denisse, were joined by volunteers from Madison Cares and community members to celebrate.
Want to help with the next one?
You can check out the "volunteer opportunities" page on the Madison Cares website.
"Construction on House #10 is expected to begin late winter of 2014," the website says. "If you would like to be notified of future volunteer opportunities, please email Madison Cares or call Ellen McNally at the Habitat office (203-785-0794)."
Here is some additional information from the website about the two-step volunteer process for 2014:
1. Everyone must complete the one-time registration process, even if they have worked on other builds or at the ‘Raise the Roof’ event.
2. Go to Habitat of Greater New Haven and click on the “Volunteer Up” button in the middle of the Home page.
3. At Volunteer Up, go to the upper left hand corner and click on “How to Register”.
4. Fill in the requested information to create a “Profile” with user name and password for future use.
5. The registration form includes the “Group/Team” section where volunteers can check off the groups that they may volunteer with. At a minimum, check off “Madison Cares” and also any other groups that you might like to volunteer with.
6. Especially for this summer, note that people can volunteer as individuals during the week. Those slots also appear on the calendar.
7. After registration is completed, the volunteers go back to the Calendar to click on the work date. They will receive an automatic confirmation email from Volunteer Up with information on time to arrive, the waiver, etc.
8. A new registered user should receive a confirmation to their email address from Volunteer Up.
9. Registered users will be able to look at the Calendar at any time to see who has volunteered on specific days.
NOTE: All volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the work site. Neither Habitat nor Madison Cares can provide or arrange transportation.If you want to help, but are tight on time, you can give a donation, or give a donation in someone else's name for the holidays. Here is the link to give a donation to Madison Cares.