Due to a low supply of blood in Connecticut, the American Red Cross has announced an emergency plea for donations, WTNH is reporting.
According to the article, the organization seeks donations of all blood types but is particularly in need of O positive, O negative, B negative and A negative.
The Red Cross website offers a search option for interested donors to find upcoming blood drives in their area.
Here are some drives coming up near Madison:
- Saturday, June 30 - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Bishop's Orchards Farm Market in Guilford
- Saturday, July 7 - 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Mary's Church in Clinton
- Wednesday, July 11 - 12:30 to 6 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus in Guilford
- Monday, July 16 - 12:15 to 6 p.m. at the Westbrook Elks Lodge in Westbrook
- Saturday, July 28 - 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at St. Mark the Evangelist Roman Catholic Church in Westbrook
- Tuesday, July 31 - 12:30 to 6 p.m. at Temple Beth Tikvah in Madison
Those interested in donating can sign up for an appointment by calling 800-RED-CROSS.