The National Weather Service says a winter weather advisory is in effect from 7 a.m. Tuesday until 5 p.m. Tuesday evening for southern Connecticut.
Snow accumulations of three to five inches are possible. Temperatures will be around 30 degrees. Visibilities could be at or below 1.2 mil during bands of moderate to heavy snow.
"Snow will develop towards the end of the morning rush and continue into the afternoon," the NWS says. "The show should taper off during the first part of the afternoon rush hour. Accumulating snow will create icy and hazardous travel conditions throughout the day including at least the start of the afternoon rush hour."
"A winter weather advisory means that periods of snow, sleet or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities and use caution while driving."
According to WXEdge.com:
"... it looks like another round of winter weather is on the way. A cold front moves through later tonight brings in a shot of cold air and sets the stage for Tuesday. As upper level energy moves in from the Great Lakes, an area of snow will overspread Connecticut from southwest to northeast during Tuesday morning. While the snow will not last long, ending by mid to late afternoon, accumulating snow is currently expected across the entire state."
- Tuesday: Snow, mainly before 4pm. High near 34. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
- Tuesday night: Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 20. West wind 11 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 31. West wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 17. West wind 6 to 10 mph.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 27. Northwest wind 7 to 11 mph.
- Thursday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 14.
- Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 23.
- Saturday: Rain and snow likely. Cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- Saturday Night: Rain or freezing rain likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
- SundayPartly sunny, with a high near 40.
- Sunday NightPartly cloudy, with a low around 18.
- MondayMostly sunny, with a high near 30.