Registration for students entering Kindergarten for 2013-2014 will be held in the Hammonasset Room at Town Campus on the following dates/times:
- Thursday, February 28th from 3:00 - 7:00 p.m.
- Friday,March 1st from 9 -11:30 a.m.
- Friday, March 1st from 12:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Please visit our Kindergarten Registration webpage for more information and to download enrollment forms.
Here is additional information from the school website:
Currently, the Kindergarten program is housed at Jeffrey Elementary School, but the Superintendent's Recommended Budget for 2013-14 includes a proposal for full day Kindergarten at all three elementary schools. After the budget referendum in May, we will notify you of the definite plans for the Kindergarten program.
If you are unable to attend the scheduled registration, registrations must be done through Sara Caraszi at Central Office, 10 Campus Drive (203) 245-6307.
PLEASE NOTE: Parents electing not to register their age-eligible child will be asked to sign a waiver to that effect.
REQUIREMENTS FOR REGISTRATION
- Students eligible to enter kindergarten in August 2013 must reach their fifth birthday by December 31, 2013. It is not necessary for the children to be present at registration.
- Birth certificates (a copy is sufficient) must be presented at the time of registration as well as proof of residency (utility bills or parent's driver's license are sufficient if the address matches the child's residence)
- Kindergarten physicals performed 12 to 15 months prior to entry into Kindergarten, are acceptable, provided they are completed on the three-page blue State Health Assessment form. This form is not required at time of registration but must be submitted to the school nurse at least one month before school begins.
- Immunizations required for entry to Kindergarten must be reviewed by the school nurse before a student can be cleared for entry.
- Please inform the nurse of food allergies, diabetes, asthma, or any significant health concerns.
- Students entering from outside of the U.S. are required to have a physical exam by a provider licensed to practice in the United States. Including the TB risk assessment as part of this exam.