For many Christians Lent is a period of prayer, a time of remembering, celebrating, and believing all the more deeply as we prepare to celebrate the joy of Easter. Mercy Center, a ministry of the Sisters of Mercy, has been privileged to welcome spiritual seekers for 40 years, and continues its long tradition of offering a contemplative space and special programs and retreats for all the seasons of one's life. This Lent (February 13-March 31), take some time to deepen your relationship with self and with the Sacred by attending one of our upcoming programs:
- Come As You Are Mondays (2/18-3/25) with Mercy Center staff, days of quiet and personal reflection with staff-led prayer at noon followed by a simple lunch;
- What's the Deal with Fracking (Sunday, 2/24, 1 pm) with Mary Pendergast, RSM, a film screening and discussion about fracking and its effects on communities and the environment;
- Waiting for the Potter's Touch (Saturday, 3/2, 9:30 am) with Catherine Van Houten, SSJ, an opportunity to pray and play with clay;
- Poetry Inspired Prayer (Saturday, 3/9, 9:30 am) with Carol Hovey, M.S., a day to reflect on the beauty and potentiality of words to express the mystery of the world;
- The Anguish and Joy of Being Henri Nouwen (Thursday, 3/14, 7 pm) with Michael W. Higgins, Ph.D., a conversation about the personal lessons we can learn from Nouwen's life and wisdom;
- A Day of Mindfulness (Saturday, 3/16, 9:30 am) with Jerry Silbert, M.D., a day to learn and practice mindful living;
- Triduum Retreat: Re-Discovering Fire (Thursday, 3/28-Sunday, 3/31) with Terry Devino, S.J., an opportunity to re-discover the fire energies of love, of God, and of life in all its passion and possibility.
We look forward to welcoming you to Mercy Center for any of the above programs or for your own personal time of reflection and prayer. Please see our website for more information or to register for any upcoming programs: www.mercybythesea.org.
Mercy Center at Madison
167 Neck Road
Madison, CT 06443