The LoCap fund is designed to allow town officials to plan ahead for long term maintenance of the town's infrastructure and grounds.
McMinn said he wanted to begin the discussion now to make sure there is plenty of time before budget season starts for different town officials to weigh in as to which projects should be included. He also said he hopes to dispel any confusion about the LoCap fund itself.
Projects that McMinn is suggesting for inclusion on the LoCap list are as follows:
- The Bauer Farmhouse, siding, HVAC, electrical, plumbing and ADA improvements. McMinn noted that town officials are seeking a grant that could offset part of the cost of this project.
- Pavement maintenance including Island Avenue School, Town Campus and the Surf Club
- Other improvements to Town Campus including a cooling tower, HVAC repairs
- Accessibility modifications relating to the ADA
- Replacing the roof on the town gym
- Replacement of the Tuxis Walkway
- Replacing the walkway between Bauer Park and the Green Hill Road Campus
- Replacing the wall at Garvin Point at the Surf Club
The Joint Facilities Project Review Committee will meet at 8:00 am Thursday at Town Campus in meeting room C. The meeting is open and the public is invited to attend.