We welcomed the following guests to our meeting:
• Orlean Gallops, Gallops Consulting
• Laurie Harder, Madison Ave. Salon (2nd visit)
• Tracie Bush, Behavioral Therapist
• Diana Hall, Gracious Interiors (application under review)
Categories are still open in a number of industries.
Highest priority category at the present is: estate planning attorney.
How to make one’s “30 Second Commercial” great:
• Describe your business
• Tell a story
• Ask for more business
• Include a ‘call to action’
• Memory hook
See BNI website for more suggestions.
The following community information gleaned from 1) 30-second “sales manager minutes” in which members have 30 seconds to talk about their businesses and what kind of sales lead they are looking for this week; and 2) the “10-minute presentation” which allows one member per week to go into much more detail about their business:
• Help is available for recent divorcées struggling to return back into the mainstream. See FengShui By Lurrae.
• Don’t just take photos; share them with the world with a touch of a button. See Shoreline Internet to find out how.
• Trees. Have it your way! Love your tree? The Care of Trees can make it flourish. Hate it? Mike’s Tree Service can make it disappear!
• Shoreline East BNI closed 39 of 61 referrals passed last week. An amazing $268,392 of business has been closed in just two months, since we began tracking revenue. Wow!
Next week’s (December 4) speaker will be Guy Esposito, representing Repellapest Pest Control. (This should be entertaining and hopefully, he won’t bring more deer ticks!)
Shoreline East BNI will be holding a holiday social at Donovan’s Reef.
Special speaker at January 8. Topic is: “Using Networking to Build a Loyal Customer Base”. Prospective members are invited!
• BNI is the world’s largest referral network. In 2010, Business Network Int'l passed over 6.5 million referrals in 5500+ chapters with over 135,000 members in 45 countries resulting in more than $2.8 billion in business! BNI membership in CT now stands at 2,027 and growing.
If you’d like to visit the Shoreline East BNI, just fill out the contact form under “Join Shoreline East” on our website (shorelineeastbni.com) and a representative from our membership team will contact you.