We welcomed the following new member to our chapter:
• Diana Hall, Gracious Interiors
Categories are still open in a number of industries. Highest priority category at the present is: estate planning attorney.
• Gaining and retaining customers is at the heart of BNI
• Customers leave when they feel you don’t care
• BNI referrals come with trust
• One recent referral to a chapter member led to nine 2nd-tier referrals (referrals by that individual to others) and at least five 3rd-tier referrals. That demonstrates the power of the referral – the best form of marketing
• And remember to ask for the business!
The following is a sample of BNI “30 Second Commercials” in which members have 30 seconds to talk about their businesses and what kind of sales lead they are looking for
• Landscaping with Hart could use referrals to other landscapers for trade work
• If you know a Hurricane Sandy victim who hasn’t heard from his/her insurance company in a few weeks or isn’t happy with their offer, contact Leon Collins Public Adjuster
• Stacy Votto just finished a 9-day divorce hearing and there wasn’t a dry eye in the courtroom after her closing. Learn more at Law Office of Stacy Errante Votto
• Find out from Lindsay Suter Architects why “green” design is more eco-friendly, safer, more secure, more comfortable, and can be less costly too.
• If someone you know is in trouble, from a speeding ticket up to murder, Bansley Law Firm is the place to turn.
• Joe Sarfaty at Celebration Development would like an intro to Joseph Bergen, an architect in Essex.
• Divorces are common over the holidays, and can have devastating tax consequences. If you know someone going through a divorce or contemplating one, refer them to Equitable Divorce Solutions.
• The Car Care Clinic is your source for classic or muscle car maintenance and restoration.
• Carl Iaccarino at Carl’s Closets would like a referral to any real estate agent in the area.
• Shane Trotta at CT Appraisal Group would love an introduction to an executive at Guilford Savings Bank, Essex Savings Bank, or Connex.
• Mick Mackey at Mike’s Tree Service has a brand new 70’ lift, enabling him to broaden his service offering.
• Dr. Keith is planning a weight loss makeover seminar on February 2, and is looking for partners. Get more information at Coastal Chiropractic & Wellness.
• Verrillo Contracting would like a referral to ServPro or to any neighbor with a tarp on their roof.
• John Miller at Signs by Autographix reminds us that the sign in front of your business is a beacon in the community.
• Larry Dvorsky at The Care of Trees can assist with deer nuisance with only one application of a safe compound
• A+ Home Improvement is there when your new refrigerator is just a tad too big for the space where the old one stood.
• East River Energy boasts that 60% of current customers have been with the for over 15 years!
• Call Lisa Rollins at The Rollins Group if you know someone whose contract is almost up or who has had difficulty selling a house.
• Owners of the Fleishman Shopping Center in Guilford would be a great referral for Mike Callahan at Commercial Property Consulting.
• Mary Stager at Re-Thinc LLC would like to meet business managers at area banks.
• Halagan Design Group has launched their new web site halagandesign.com
This week’s 10-minute presentation featured Scott Vertucci, from Scott Tax Advisory Group. Scott is a former IRS agent and a former Ernst & Young partner. At the IRS, he worked in collections, and was one the agents responsible for confiscating property like cars and bank accounts. He has been on his own for about 8 years and now has four bookkeepers on staff. A few helpful holiday tax tips: holiday parties are 100% deductible; client lunches 50% deductible; but gifts to clients are subject to a $25 max
• Shoreline East BNI closed 228 of 297 referrals passed since October 1, worth an amazing $389,000!
• Next week’s (December 18) speaker will be Tim Verrillo from Verrillo Contracting.
• Michael Bryce, BNI Area Director Consultant will be a special speaker at January 8 meeting. Topic is: “Using Networking to Build a Loyal Customer Base”. Prospective members are invited!
• Last chance to drop off Toys for Tots donations to Coastal Chiropractic! Donations will be collected on Monday, December 17.
• BNI is the world’s largest referral network. In 2010, Business Network Int'l passed over 6.5 million referrals in 5500+ chapters with over 135,000 members in 45 countries resulting in more than $2.8 billion in business! BNI membership in CT now stands at 2,027 and growing.
If you’d like to visit the Shoreline East BNI, just fill out the contact form under “Join Shoreline East” on our website (shorelineeastbni.com) and a representative from our membership team will contact you.