We welcomed the following guests to our meeting:
• Orlene Gallops, Gallops Consulting (2nd visit)
• Laurie Harder, Madison Ave. Salon (application expected)
• Diana Hall, Gracious Interiors (application under review)
• Jackie St. Peter, Comfort Keepers (BNI CT )
Categories are still open in a number of industries. Highest priority category at the present is: estate planning attorney.
Trust/Comfort level – you know the job will be done right when a BNI member company is selected
• Attendance – critical for success in BNI, as it keeps members “top of mind”
• New members – need to keep recruiting the best business in the area; quality over quantity; exponential growth in referrals with solid new members
The following is a sample of BNI “30 Second Commercials” in which members have 30 seconds to talk about their businesses and what kind of sales lead they are looking for
• Feng Shui assistance is available for life transitions of all kinds. See FengShui By Lurrae.
• Many building owners can save 10% of the value of their building in tax reductions. See Commercial Property Consulting.
• White Way proactively rids your dry clean garments off fuzz balls!
• Re-thinc LLC is your source for business and marketing strategy, as well as sales team building.
• It’s time for year-end tax planning with Scott Tax Advisory Group.
• Migraines? Don’t take more pills. Treat the true cause by relieving nerve pressure at Coastal Chiropractic.
• Maler Photography is booking holiday photos and weddings for 2013 and 2014.
• Verillo Roofing is interested in connections at Pine Orchards Country Club, particularly Dan Coburn in maintenance.
This week’s 10-minute presentation featured Guy Esposito, from Repellapest Pest Control. Guy’s lighthearted presentation about the “Itsy Bitsy Spider” had an important message: if spiders are in your house, they are probably feeding on ants. If ants are there, they are likely to be in an area of the house where there is temperature variation. Repellapest uses various measuring techniques to pinpoint the exact source and location of pest problems. This enables them to use the absolute minimum amount of hazardous materials.
Shoreline East BNI closed 122 of 150 referrals passed in the last three weeks. An amazing $308,000 of business has been closed in just two months, since we began tracking revenue. Wow!
• Next week’s (December 11) speaker will be Scott Vertucci, representing Scott Tax Advisory Group. (Stay tuned for year-end tax tips!)
• Shoreline East BNI will be holding a holiday social at Donovan’s Reef on December 7. Prospective members are invited. See Halagan Designs for details.
• Michael Bryce, BNI Area Director Consultant will be a special speaker at January 8 meeting. Topic is: “Using Networking to Build a Loyal Customer Base”. Prospective members are invited!
BNI is the world’s largest referral network. In 2010, Business Network Int'l passed over 6.5 million referrals in 5500+ chapters with over 135,000 members in 45 countries resulting in more than $2.8 billion in business! BNI membership in CT now stands at 2,027 and growing.
If you’d like to visit the Shoreline East BNI, just fill out the contact form under “Join Shoreline East” on our website (shorelineeastbni.com) and a representative from our membership team will contact you.