The National Weather Service has issued a hazardous weather outlook for Madison and the surrounding area, saying that there is the possibility of another Nor'easter Saturday night into early Sunday.
The question is whether the storm will shift towards the coast.
"A Nor'easter will develop well southeast of Montauk Point Saturday night and track towards the Canadian Maritimes on Sunday," the NWS says. "Based on the current forecast track, light snow is expected Saturday into early Sunday. But if the track were to shift slightly closer to the coast, this storm could bring a much more significant snowfall to the region."
Right now, the chance for a significant snowfall is low for this area, "but emergency managers and residents need to monitor National Weather Service forecasts for updates late today into the weekend," NWS says.
Madison emergency management officials say they are monitoring the track of the storm.
Here is the seven-day forecast for Madison, as of 7:30 a.m. Saturday:
- Today: Snow likely, mainly before 10am. Cloudy, with a high near 35. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
- Tonight: Snow likely, mainly after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 21. North wind 7 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Sunday: A slight chance of snow showers before noon. Cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly sunny, with a high near 28. Northwest wind 14 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 12. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph.
- Washington's Birthday: Sunny, with a high near 32. Northwest wind 10 to 16 mph.
- Monday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 22.
- Tuesday: A chance of rain after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Tuesday Nigh: tA chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 35.
- Wednesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 19.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 32.
- Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 22.
- Friday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37.